Sunday, January 5, 2020

Himalayan Trek - Gangothri-Gomukh-Tapovan-Nandanvan

Among all of my Himalayan journey so far (Ladak, Valley of flowers, Badhrinath, Spiti Valley, Kulu/Manali, Mount Kailash & Manas Sarovar, Gomukh &Tapovan and Kedar Valley), I rank Gangothri-Gomukh-Tapovan journey the highest as it had all the elements - Breathtaking beauty, adventure, difficult trek & a sense of peace and calm at the same time. So, although  I did this route in 2009... I thought I will pen down my experience mostly from mine & Viji's memory and photos .

Timeline: 23rd May 2009 to 1st June 2009, Destination - Ganges Glacier 

After deciding on our destination, Googled for good tour company and finally selected Peak Adventure Tours from Delhi. After fa ew email & phone communication with Arun Joshi there, narrowed on places to visit and the amount of trekking etc., and decided on this Itinerary:  Delhi-Haridwar-Gangothri-Gomukh-Tapovan-Nandanvan-Bhojwasa-Uttarkashi-Haridwar Delhi

Details to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment